To control scorpions, especially if they're a problem in and around your home, consider these steps:
1. Seal Entry Points: Inspect your home for any cracks or gaps in doors, windows, and walls. Seal these entry points to prevent scorpions from getting inside.
2. Remove Debris: Clear away debris, woodpiles, and clutter from around your home's perimeter. Scorpions often hide in such areas.
3. Reduce Moisture: Scorpions are attracted to moisture. Fix any leaky pipes or faucets and reduce humidity in your home.
4. Use Yellow Lighting: Scorpions are less attracted to yellow or amber lighting, so consider using these outdoor lights instead of white or blue lights.
5. Natural Predators: Encourage the presence of natural predators like chickens or certain insects that feed on scorpions.
6. Insecticides: Consider using insecticides labeled for scorpion control, but use them carefully and follow the instructions.
7. Professional Pest Control, like calling Guaranteed Pest Solutions in Las Vegas, if the infestation is persistent, it's best to hire a professional pest control service with experience in scorpion control.
Remember that scorpions can be dangerous, so exercise caution when dealing with them, especially if you're in an area with venomous species.